Job Postings and Classifieds
Published November 14, 2017
Wetumpka First UMC is seeking a Director of Youth Ministry. The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising a comprehensive, educational and spiritual growth program for the youth of the church. This includes encouraging and commitment to Christ and the Church and for helping youth develop skills which will enable them to become involved in the ministry of God’s people. Specifically, the Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for and training volunteers to assist in this ministry. Contact Matt Albrittion at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-399-7091 for more information.
The Director of Youth Ministry reports directly to the Senior Minister and is responsible to the Staff Parrish Relations Committee. Additionally, the Director of Youth Ministry is expected to work and coordinate with the Work Area on Education, the Youth Council and the Administrative Board.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to have prior experience working with youth and in coordinating youth’s programs. The Director of Youth Ministry should have training and a background in the field of youth education.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have a heart for youth and enthusiastically pursue the hearts of the youth and enjoy spending time with them.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have a strong leadership capability and ability to command respect from a group of youth.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must possess good communication skills not only with the youth but with parents and the entire congregation of FUMC Wetumpka.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have an acceptable knowledge of the curriculum which will be used in the Youth Ministry. This requirement includes the ability to teach biblically based lessons.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have a strong skills in the area of organization and administrative planning.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Must meet and follow all provisions set forth in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manuel adopted in August 2008, which may be amended. This manual describes the responsibilities and requirements for all employees of FUMC Wetumpka. The Director of Youth Ministry, prior to being hired, must submit to and pass and appropriate background check.
- You are expected to fully understand and implement the FUMC Wetumpka Safe Sanctuaries Policies adopted in November 2008, which may be amended.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to actively recruit members for the Youth Ministry. In addition to seeking potential new members, you are expected to maintain close contact with current members of the Youth Ministry through home visits, telephone calls electronic communications, etc., and to have an acceptable follow-up program in the case of the persistent absence of any member of the Youth Ministry.
- You are expected to have a flexible schedule to accommodate any changes which might be necessary to meet the needs of the youth of FUMC Wetumpka.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to schedule, plan, coordinate and supervise new and ongoing programs for the youth of FUMC Wetumpka. This includes activities on Wednesday night, Sunday night and on at least some week days during the summer months. Additionally, you shall have input into the curriculum for Youth Sunday School Classes, along with teachers of those classes.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for working with the Chairperson of the Work Area on Education and the Sunday School Superintendent in securing teachers and substitute teachers for all of the church’s Sunday School classes.
- You are responsible for coordinating, planning and supervising off campus events, trips and retreats so as to enrich the church and increase their enjoyment in being members of the Youth Ministry. This responsibility includes securing and training volunteers, as may be necessary to assist in said events.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must establish a visible presence in the community. This will involve attending various local schools to eat lunch with and visit with members of the Youth Ministry. It also will involve periodically attending various non-church activities of all members of the Youth Ministry, including but not limited to, ball games dance recitals, piano recitals, performances, etc.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must understand that the above list is not all-inclusive and that additional duties may be imposed by the Senior Minister or the Staff Parrish Relations Committee where necessary to increase the enrichment of the youth of FUMC Wetumpka.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to participate in a reasonable number of seminars and workshop to remain current in information related to directing a Youth Ministry.
- You are expected to remain in contact with others similarly employed at other United Methodist Churches in the vicinity and churches of other Christian denominations for the possibility of coordinating programs on occasion. The Director of Youth Ministry is also expected to observe the operations of other Youth Ministries in the vicinity so as to always be aware of possibilities for the improvement of our program.
- The initial salary for this position shall be in the range of $35,000 to $50,000 annually. Initial salary shall be based upon ability and experience. The salary of the Director of Youth Ministry will be reviewed by the Staff Parrish Relations Committee on an annual basis.
- FUMC of Wetumpka does not provide a housing allowance, medical insurance or retirement benefits for the Director of Youth Ministry. Vacation is allowed as set forth in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is a full time employee and is expected to maintain regular office hours based upon a schedule to be determined by the Senior Minister and approved by the Staff Parrish Relations Committee. It is anticipated that the average work week for this position will involve approximately 32 hours, however, the actual number of hours involved in any particular work week may vary significantly depending upon the season of the year and any special activities which may be scheduled.
- The Director of Youth Ministry shall be provided with an Annual Expense Account in a minimum amount of $1,000. The actual amount of this Annual Expense Account may be increased from year-to-year as deemed necessary by the Church to adjust for inflation and other relevant circumstances. This purpose of the Annual Expense Account is for the use of the Director of Youth Ministry to meet the expense associated with the purchase of supplies to be used in the Youth Ministry.
Date of Adoption This job description was adopted by the Staff Parish Relations Committee of FUMC Wetumpka in 2014.
Published October 31, 2017
Mulder Memorial UMC is looking for a student minister who can implement our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ through helping students (ages 6th-12th grade) connect with God, grow in Christ, and serve others. Mulder is a vibrant congregation in the Redland community of Elmore County with an average worship attendance of 450 in two contemporary services and one casual traditional service. Mulder also has a mission campus in a trailer park in nearby Wetumpka. Approximately 80 students are involved in student ministry. Mulder is looking for a visionary ministry leader who can equip students to serve on mission with Christ in this community and beyond. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Published October 26, 2017
Beulah United Methodist Church is looking for a part-time pianist.
Beulah UMC is a growing church in Valley, Alabama (30 minutes from Auburn; 35 minutes from Columbus). With an average congregation size of about 60 on a Sunday, we have a wide variety of ages in attendance at our weekly traditional worship service. We are looking for a pianist to accompany the choir and congregational hymn singing during worship, in addition to providing music for other parts of the service. The pianist will also play for special services, such as those during Holy Week. Choir rehearsals are at 6:30 p. m. ET on Wednesdays, and Worship is at 11:00 a. m. ET on Sundays. Salary is $6,000-$6,500/year, based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter; resume, including piano and accompaniment experience; and three references, at least one of which is professional, to Rev. Katrina Paxson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications on October 29.
Published October 20, 2017
ISO: Tuskegee First UMC is looking for a set of used paraments. If you have a set that you would like to donate please call or email Elizabeth Whatley at email@example.com or call 334-524-0080.
Published October 3, 2017
Beulah UMC is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Beulah UMC is a growing church in Valley, Alabama (30 minutes from Auburn; 35 minutes from Columbus). With an average congregation size of about 60 on a Sunday, we have a wide variety of ages in attendance at our weekly traditional worship service. The primary role of this person will be to keep the financial books of the church. This role will include depositing funds into the bank, keeping records, preparing reports, and acknowledging contributions. This person will also provide office support, including creating bulletins, answering phones, preparing the church for Sunday worship, and coordinating with outside groups.
This person should have experience in finance/accounting, and be proficient at using the Microsoft Office Suite. Strict confidentiality is required.
The position will be approximately 16 hours/week with a salary of $7,500-$9,000/year, depending on experience.
Please submit a cover letter; resume, including experience in similar positions; and three references, at least one of which is professional, to Rev. Katrina Paxson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications on October 14.
Published September 28, 2017
Dalraida United Methodist Church is seeking a qualified candidate for the part-time position of Director of Children’s Ministry. Interested applicants will possess a strong Christian background and have experience nurturing children in a learning environment.
They will also be capable of creating/following a curriculum, developing a team of volunteers, and demonstrate passion in service. The Director of Children’s Ministry will work closely with the pastor, Leadership Board, other staff members, as well as parents, to ensure that the Mission and Vision of the Church is upheld.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please call our church office at (334) 272-2190 for more information.
Published August 28, 2017
ISO: Pine Apple UMC is looking for twenty-five copies of the hymnal Soul Stirring Hymns and Songs published in 1972 by Sword of the Lord.They have been unable to locate that particular publication year. If you can help, please contact Joyce Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.